Saturday 21 February 2009

Audiences- First Thoughts

I began to think about the many different paths i could explore, concerning the subject of audiences and their impact upon the artist and the creative community, in relation to produced work.
Since it is always a crucial part of my work that i feel requires more attention, I have decided to focus on the presentation of my own pieces and how they are displayed to the spectators. This is especially relevant and significantly- timed, as it is ever more apparent that there is an impending show at the end of this academic year. This, in itself will require a lot of planning and careful consideration, so as to gain as much from the experience as possible.
Whereas in the past much of the work that has been produced has been sculpture or of a 3d nature, I have found myself concentrating on a very two dimensional work frame that is much more true to my person, i feel. As this work is more easy to replicate and play around with (much of it is and will be made in the print rooms) there may be more of a choice to pick from for a final or supporting piece, meaning that the aesthetic quality and presentation i am searching for may be more achievable.


This feels like a considered approach to my work and i look forward to documenting my findings and sharing thoughts and work with a digital communities!!

No comments:

Post a Comment